Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jumbo tampons

Hello my friends. It's been a few days now since i last blogged. I have a legitimate excuse this time though. I had my nasal surgery on thursday and I haven't really felt like doing much the last few days.

I received a text earlier from Jai saying him and Mandar had blogged about their CHO experience from last night so I had to get on and read them, and I thought I guess Ishould blog as well.

I don't have much to talk about except my surgery..

So I found out earlier this week that my surgery was at 7:30 in the monrnig, but I had to be there an hour earlier. It wasn't such a big deal since i couldn't wear contacts or anything so i just rolled out of bed and left.

My dad had the day off already so he was kind enough to take me. We arrived at the hospital and I was taken straight back to get me prepped for surgery. I had to pee in a cup (which is quite difficult) and then had my IV put in. THe nurse i had was so amazing I barely felt the needle.

They then brought my dad back to be with me before they took me to surgery. As soon as my pregnancy test came back negative, they gave me something in my IV to help me relax. That kicked in so fast! It was wonderful. I laid there a bit longer then was wheeled back to surgery.

I first arrived in a room where they put little sticker thing on me for surgery and the anathesialoist( not sure how to spell that) explained everything to me. I think he was gay, but he was very nice and explained everything very well. This one nurse was a bitch, but I'm over it.

My doctor then came in, said hi, then left. I never saw him again. As far as I know he had nothing to do with the surgery seeing as how i never saw him again haha.

I was then wheeled into the OR. It was so cold in there! The last thing I remember was them putting a warm blanket on me. Then they must have put the stuff in my IV cuz after that, all I remember is waking up when it was all over.

When I woke up, I freaked out for a minute. I had a mask on my face helping me breathe. I panicked and they removed it. Then I remember a nurse commenting on how pale I looked. Then not even 2 seconds later and leaned over the side of my bed and threw up in some towels a nurse was holding. They said it was from the blood in my stomach.. Not very pleasant..

I then was taken into recovery. They checked my blood preasure like a million times. They then brought my dad back to be with me. They let me sleep then gave me some ice chips. Delicious. My mouth was so dry. They then...had to remove the packing in my nose. The part I had been dreading. OMG it hurt so bad. It was like having 2 jumbo tampons in my nose. And they just RIPPED them out.

After that I was ok. Really sleepy. They gave me some good drugs and stuff. I havne't been in any pain or anything. All I have felt like doing is sleeping. I woke up at 4 this morning feeling like I was going to throw up. I didn't thankfully. But I kinda wish I would have, maybe would have helped my nausea.

Well that is pretty much it for now. I'm still bleeding a bit and have to wear this crazy gauze mustache to catch it. i go to the doctor tomorrow morning to get the splints removed. Not looking forward to that either. I will update after that!

2 comments:

The Maze Monster said...

Well arent ya glad its all over?

Michael said...

"Hello My Friends"... what are you, John McCain? HaHaha!

Thank goodness your pregnancy test came back negative LOL.

Also, your mom told me that they took the splints out today, and all went well! Thats awesome!