Friday, March 6, 2009

OOOOOkahoma...

Yeah you know the song...

Anyways, it's been a while. I don't have an excuse for most of that time, but the past, oh about 2 weeks or so, I've been on vacation. My boyfriend took my down to Oklahoma to meet some more of his family. I was extremely nervous, but I ended up having a lot of fun! His grandparents (who we stayed with) were the sweetest people and treated me like I was apart of the family. They took us to see some buffalo, Indians and Mount Scott, which was beautiful. The sunsets there are incredible. That place is growing on me. Who knows, we may be moving down there one day!

We also went to the Oklahoma City Memorial. It was so sad. They had pieces of the building in there, and shoes and toys from the day care where all those kids were killed. It was nice they did that for all those people killed, but still just awful.

My allergies and what not never acted up down there, and my nose never bothered me. Driving home from Columbus I started to get a headache, so I knew we were back in Ohio. There's just something about this place...

Being away from work was wonderful too. This place drives me crazy. I was looking on career builder for jobs in Oklahoma City...dang. There are a lot that I could qualify for. Making Oklahoma so that much better!

The planes were okay too. We had some turbulance flying from Oklahoma City to Memphis. It was so windy. Plus I had chugged a mountain dew so I wasn't feeling too great anyways. Add some jerking around at 30,000 feet in the air doesn't help. But all in all it was a great vacation.

I had to bite my tougne. Being in the south I was in "Obama the anti-christ" country. I did see about 2 or 3 Obama bumper stickers. Which surprised me. I figured I was the only Democrat in Oklahoma at the time.

Back to work today sucked. Though I was well rested. We planned this perfect. Work for a day, go on vacation for 10 days, work one day, then have a weekend. Haha I bet our boss hates us. Oh well we hate him too.

I'm supposed to go wedding dress shopping with my sister in the morning. Though she hurt her back this week I think she should stay home and relax...but that's just me.

I do need to get back to work. Atleast make it look like I'm working. I will put some pics from the trip up sometime this weekend. I just wanted to let everyone know that I was still alive!

6 comments:

Michael said...

I don't know why everyone hates Ohio so much... Personally I love this state. I've been to a lot of other states but my heart lies in the heartland I guess...

Personally, I could never live in the south because of the people alone. People are ignorant enough here, you cross that Mason-Dixon line and the ignorance of the bible-belt more than doubles.

The Maze Monster said...

Gotta make it look like your working? Lol, good job Barb.

I don't think I could live anywhere but Ohio, but not because I love it so much or it's in a perfect place. I mean, I think it's nice. I like actually having all four seasons here.

But the real reason I don't think I could ever move anywhere else is because the majority of my family is up here and so are all my friends. I mean, I couldn't imagine being so far away from my family that I would have to buy a plane ticket to see them. What if they got sick or died or something. I'd feel really bad that I moved so far away and got so distant from them personally.

Oklahoma is nice... I was born in Norman but there's a lot of poverty there (more than Ohio at least) and it is really republican. Basically that would mean that your democratic vote would be thrown away (since presidents are voted in by states).

I think that one week of Oklahoma has made you see nothing but good and mostly ignoring the bad. If you moved there I think that after a while you would start to long for Ohio again.

Remember, the grass is always greener on the other side. And the minute you flip to the other side, it'll be greener over here.

The Maze Monster said...

::snort::

By the way. Lol. You spelled Oklhoma wrong in your post name. Lol.

The Maze Monster said...

OKLAHOMA! Now i spelled it wrong!

Pandora said...

The thing I hate about Ohio is my allergies are horrible here. No matter what I take, it's bad. I totally understand. My family and friends are the main thing that's kept me here. I think in the end the furthest I would move is Indiana.

mac said...

I would go to Oklahoma at any point. RIGHT NOW !

Of course, that's where the girl who owns my heart lives.

And I already moved from Ohio to the Sout a few years back. Tennessee, it's not so bad here, but ya can't go 'round questioning the Bible that's fer sure. I have learned to keep my trap shut with most folks here.